We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients' everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
The CMO at OneOme will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and lead multiple clinical functions within the organization including Medical Affairs, Laboratory Operations, and Clinical Development. The CMO will be responsible for providing overall medical expertise and go-to-market business strategies throughout the sales cycle. The CMO will also be responsible for regulatory affairs, medical policy development, quality assurance and strategic clinical direction in support of product development to ensure optimal adoption of OneOme’s products by medical professionals. The ideal candidate will have deep Payer, PBM and Provider relations experience, pharmacogenomics and/or pharmacy operations background, solid scientific knowledge, and commercial clinical products and services.
- Serve as the senior lead for clinical and scientific information of pharmacogenomics for the company. This requires a deep understanding of analytical and clinical validity, as well as clinical utility of pharmacogenomics and to foster understanding, education, growth and sales of the OneOme products.
- Oversee the departments of Medical Affairs, Laboratory Operations, and Clinical Development.
- Provide technical and strategic direction to facilitate efficient clinical curation activities, including gene and drug review.
- Help in the development of strategies for payer reimbursement to ensure all OneOme products and services are relevant and meets the specific needs and market demand.
- Define priorities for all clinical functions within the company that are aligned with the company’s mission and will enable greater adoption and implementation of Pharmacogenomics.
- Lead OneOme Medical policy to ensure safety standard and adherence to quality systems and regulatory bodies, and ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Aid in the development of products that meet the needs of clients while using sound scientific standards to advance the use of pharmacogenomics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) and stakeholders.
- Support and collaborate with necessary team members to advance OneOme’s clinical trials.
- Act as the company’s top scientific liaison for internal and external communications with clients/healthcare providers, investors or payers about the appropriateness and effectiveness of pharmacogenomics testing and interpretation.
- System approach to problem solving, consensus building and process improvement.
- MD or DO degree
- Valid medical license and appropriate board certification required
- Knowledge of Pharmacogenomics
- 5+ years’ experience as practicing physician or physician administrator
- Extensive experience working with payers, PBM’s or ACO’s desired
- Strong employee development skills
- Previous experience managing staff is required
- Previous experience in genetics or pharmacogenomics is required
- Previous experience working in or directly with a high-complexity CLIA laboratory providing genetic testing services or clinical interpretation.
- Must be familiar with both FDA regulations of genetic tests and CAP/CLIA regulations of a high complexity lab.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to synthesize medical information clearly.
- Ability to work in a start -up environment at a fast pace
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 7AM to 5PM and flexibility to be on-call as needed. The ability to travel up to 30 - 40% is a requirement.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com