We are a precision medicine company, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Development Manager is responsible for staffing and leading the Clinical Development department that provides accurate clinical and scientific data to support the expansion and enhancement of OneOme’s pharmacogenomics platform. The Clinical Development department is comprised of pharmacists and scientists that perform thorough literature analysis of medications and pharmacological pathways, working with the development team to implement data into OneOme’s pharmacogenomics database and reporting algorithm. The Manager will work closely with OneOme leadership and the Clinical Development team to identify and prioritize projects, manage Clinical Development training and staffing, and be an active contributor on projects. In addition, the Clinical Development Manager will support marketing, customer support, and commercial operations in building educational materials, assisting with trainings, and responding to clinical and scientific inquiries. This position will also provide consultative support to healthcare providers regarding appropriate use and interpretation of the OneOme RightMed test.
- Lead the Clinical Development team and manage priorities, staffing, and training for the department.
- Prioritize and staff Clinical Development projects to meet the objectives of OneOme, including roadmap projects, ongoing improvements, and general maintenance.
- Lead the administration and improvement of the quality control and documentation process.
- Monitor the pharmacogenomics community including CPIC, PGRN , and other consortiums to stay current and support OneOme in driving adoption and acceptance of pharmacogenomics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet the Clinical Development needs of the laboratory, medical affairs, software development, client services, marketing, business development, finance, etc.
- Brief OneOme leaders and other departments on noteworthy developments within the Clinical Development department.
- Be an active participant in Clinical Development tasks and projects.
- Retrieve and critically review pharmacogenomics literature related to drug pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacogenomics.
- Summarize the data in a clear, concise way and communicate effectively with the OneOme scientific, laboratory, and commercial teams.
- Participate actively in the creation, maintenance and update of the products developed by OneOme.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining regulatory protocols and participate in the research and development aspects of the OneOme products.
- Write clinical and scientific information for marketing and educational purposes.
- Develop training and educational materials for both internal staff and clients.
- Accurately and directly inform and educate customers on the appropriate use of pharmacogenomic testing and interpretation of results when providing clinical consultations
- Provide guidance and learning opportunities to students on elective PGx rotations or internships
- PharmD or Master’s degree or higher in Genetics, Pharmacology, or related Biological Sciences.
- 10+ years experience in pharmacogenomics (preferred) and/or pharmacology, pharmacogenetics/pharmacogenomics, or genetics/genomics is preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in Project/Program Management.
- Excellent teamwork, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, verbal and written communication, and organizational/task management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in various geographical locations.
- Familiarity with clinical research and software development process is preferred.
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Schedule and hours
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.