We are a healthcare technology company that helps providers make better treatment decisions when prescribing drugs within their current workflow through genetic testing and clinical decision support. OneOme’s pharmacogenomics (PGx) solution combines a patient’s genetic profile and medical history with a curated clinical database backed by Mayo Clinic’s proprietary knowledge to produce an interactive report that easily integrates into current practices.
Our mission is to deliver the most cost-effective, comprehensive, clinically actionable pharmacogenomic (PGx) testing and tools for all providers and patients worldwide.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will work closely with laboratory staff and other departments at OneOme. The individuals in this role will be responsible for several phases of the testing workflow including DNA extraction, real-time PCR, and data analysis. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs high complexity, clinical molecular testing according to stringent procedures and regulatory standards. In addition, this position will be involved in assay development and validation, QA/QC, among other duties assigned by the director of laboratory operations.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Performs sample accessioning, DNA extraction, PCR testing, and data review according to standard operating procedures
- Performs quality control and quality assurance activities, including the maintenance of associated records, monthly and annual reviews, and internal audits
- Supports all aspects of laboratory development activities including new method and assay development, workflow/process optimization, analytical validations, and software verification testing
- Develops written technical and/or scientific content for procedures, policies, white papers, or peer-reviewed publications
- Occasionally assists with non-laboratory functions including clerical duties, inventory control, client service activities, and other duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or other Biologic Science (e.g. Biology) is required
- ASCP certification, or eligibility for certification in a related specialty (e.g. MB) is required
- Minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience, with at least 1 year in molecular testing laboratory environment; prior experience in a CLIA laboratory environment preferred
- Working knowledge of molecular biology analytical techniques including DNA isolation, real-time PCR, and SNP genotyping, preferably in the areas of pharmacogenomics
- Experience with laboratory automation/liquid handling, in-house assay development, and validation activities including primer and probe design, assay optimization and troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM and some weekends. Occasionally assigned work hours may also include evenings.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org