We are a healthcare technology company that helps providers make better treatment decisions when prescribing drugs within their current workflow through genetic testing and clinical decision support. OneOme’s pharmacogenomics (PGx) solution combines a patient’s genetic profile and medical history with a curated clinical database backed by Mayo Clinic’s proprietary knowledge to produce an interactive report that easily integrates into current practices.
Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients everyday clinical care.
OneOme is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented Director of Business Development to sell its pharmacogenetic testing products and services in the retail pharmacy market in the United States. The ideal candidate will have 7 – 10 years of experience working in or selling into the US retail pharmacy market. An understanding of pharmacy management and US billing practices are a must. Clinical expertise as a PharmD is an asset. This individual must possess a combination of business skills (ie: complex account management, lead generation, contract negotiation) and clinical expertise with which to engage retail pharmacy partners across the US. The candidate will work closely with product management, commercial operations and marketing to deploy successful PGx product and service offerings in the retail pharmacy market. Additionally, this individual will develop and execute a sales plan for the region, provide accurate sales forecasts, identify and develop accounts in the US retail pharmacy market .
- Develop and execute a sales plan for the US retail pharmacy market consistent with the corporate goals.
- Achievement of divisional sales objectives and expenses.
- Lead account strategies to ensure strong account retention and adoption.
- Develop and maintain a robust and accurate sales pipeline and forecast.
- Work closely with the OneOme clinical team, product management, marketing, lab operations, and customer service to ensure successful product introduction, rapid product and service deployment and an outstanding in-pharmacy PGx testing experience for customers.
- Direct execution of sales strategies and tactics, and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain key account relationships.
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge.
- Deliver in-service PGx training and product-specific detailing for pharmacists and retail pharmacy management teams.
- Define pharmacy/patient experience workflows to support the successful deployment of the RightMed product and service in store.
- BS pharmacy degree from ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy, PharmD and/or advanced degree in Pharmacology preferred
- 7 – 10 years of experience working in a retail pharmacy or selling into the retail pharmacy market. Experience in clinical diagnostics, pharmacogenomics, genetics/genomics, or molecular diagnostics preferred.
- Experience calling on senior-level individuals
- Experience initiating, managing and closing complex sales
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated & pro-active
- Ability to travel 30% - 40%
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 7AM to 5PM and flexibility to be on-call weekday evenings as needed to support accounts.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org