We are a healthcare technology company that helps providers make better treatment decisions when prescribing drugs within their current workflow through genetic testing and clinical decision support. OneOme’s pharmacogenomics (PGx) solution combines a patient’s genetic profile and medical history with a curated clinical database backed by Mayo Clinic’s proprietary knowledge to produce an interactive report that easily integrates into current practices.
Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients everyday clinical care.
The Medical Science Liaison will serve as a liaison to the medical community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with nationwide and regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) to align interests, discuss research and medical information, and to facilitate clinical studies of OneOme and externally-sponsored studies relating to the RightMed pharmacogenomic test. This position requires working with other audiences such as pharmacists, oncologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, internists, nurses, and other providers as well as working cross-functionally with OneOme field-base counterparts and internal home office members including, sales, marketing, clinical development, and laboratory operations, to ensure proper alignment of MSL goals with company’s business goals to be executed in a compliant way. and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported esults comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Acts as the primary clinical/scientific resource in defined territory for information pertaining to pharmacogenomics and RightMed PGx test to ensure awareness, understanding, and to expedite account adoption and growth
- Responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining relationships with medical and scientific key opinion leaders (KOLs)
- Partners with field leadership to determine educational needs and leverages resources internally and externally to address those needs
- Collaborates with sales team to co-develop account strategies and activities to drive account growth
- Conducts one-on-one and group healthcare professional education about OneOme’s RightMed pharmacogenomic test and emerging pharmacogenomic studies information in an ethical and customer-focused manner
- Gathers and reports intelligence, analyses, research, and reporting of national and regional issues and activities which may affect commercial initiatives
- Assures that scientific and product information is current, relevant and readily available
- Acts as the primary clinical/scientific resource in defined territory for information pertaining to pharmacogenomics and RightMed PGx test to ensure awareness and understanding
- Provides scientific and clinical expertise to the commercial team by assisting with sales training and with identifying, training, and evaluating speakers and management of speaker programs
- Supports clinical trials, scientific communications, patient registries, publications, clinical and scientific education, advisory boards, and congresses
- Develops and maintains clinical and scientific expertise in pharmacogenomics
- Appropriate use of Protected Health Information (PHI) through access to patient reports and results through the OneOme HIPAA compliant portal while providing clinical consult education and training to providers and their clinical teams
- Advanced scientific or health related degree required (MD, PhD, PharmD preferred)
- 2+ years of experience as an MSL or consult pharmacist preferred
- Previous experience in pharmacology, pharmacogenomics, or genetics/genomics is required
- Strong scientific/clinical/medical expertise and demonstrated expertise in ability to synthesize and communicate medical information clearly
- Ability to travel 50 – 70%
Field-based position in the Eastern half of the USA with ability to work out of a quiet home office. Eastern coast location preferred but not required.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position will require the ability to work Monday - Friday 7AM to 5PM and flexibility to be on-call weekday evenings 5PM to 7PM Eastern time.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org