We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
We are seeking a senior-level Python web developer to join our existing team of software developers and scientists that are building and supporting OneOme’s PGx solution. The ideal candidate will be well versed in building and maintaining full stack web applications. This position will work with several robust web applications that handle everything from ordering our test to tracking samples through our lab as well as displaying test results in different formats. In addition this position will work on our REST based API and potentially our integrations with different EMR systems.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Develop and maintain complex backend systems and APIs
- Hands-on development in leveraging open source technologies to build, deploy, and maintain cloud-based web/backend systems
- Improve user experience through UI best practices in collaboration with a designer
- Mentor team members and help make them better developers
- Make data driven decisions to improve stability and performance
- Implement appropriate testing at all levels of the stack
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing responsive applications for web and mobile
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing web applications using Python
- Experience using backend web frameworks (ex Flask, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience working with SQL databases (ex MySQL)
- Agile software development experience
- Extremely comfortable with Linux or Mac OS X
- Experience using git for version control
- Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines and geographies
- Strong presentation skills and oral/written communication skills
- Experience and desire to implement automated testing frameworks (ex Pytest)
- Experience using Flask or Django
- Cloud based data software architecture (ex AWS)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (ex Ansible, Docker)
- Prior experience with HIPAA or similar security practices
- Prior experience integrating with EMR / EHR systems (ex Mirth, HL7)
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com