The RightMed® Test is a pharmacogenomic test that analyzes your DNA to help your doctors in selecting medications for you. Sharing the RightMed Test results with your doctors may help them make more informed medication decisions for you, which may lead to less medication trial and error.
You can buy or gift the RightMed Test online, or you can ask your doctor to order it for you. When you buy the test online, an independent physician will review your information and, if appropriate, order the test for you (U.S. only; eligibility restrictions may apply).
The RightMed® Test is a pharmacogenomic test that analyzes your DNA to help your doctors in selecting medications for you.
Get the RightMed Test
With your purchase, you'll receive:
- a review of your order and test results by an independent physician
- a DNA sample kit shipped for free to your home
- a 30-minute consult with a genetic counselor to review your results
- a copy of your RightMed Test results, covering 27 genes, to share with your doctors
U.S. only. Eligibility restrictions may apply
Genetic testing results can be complex. Consult with your healthcare provider when considering this test. Learn more>
With your purchase, you’ll receive the RightMed Test plus the services detailed below.
How it works
1. Buy your test
Fill out this form and pay by credit card, HSA card, or PayPal.
2. Collect your sample
Once the kit is shipped to you, perform a simple cheek swab. Activate your kit online, then mail it back. An independent physician will review your information and, if appropriate, order your test.
3. Schedule a consult
Once your results are ready, schedule a phone consult with a board-certified genetic counselor to receive and discuss your results.
4. Share with your doctors
Share your RightMed Test results with your doctors so they can use it as part of your care, both now and in the future.
Who is eligible?
While most individuals are eligible for a RightMed Test purchased online, there may be some individuals who are not.
You will not be eligible if you:*
Reside outside of the United States
Have had a liver, bone marrow, or stem cell transplant
Are currently experiencing kidney or liver failure
If you are ineligible, you may instead request the RightMed Test from your doctor.
*These eligibility restrictions only apply when the test is purchased online. If an individual isn’t eligible, they can still get the test through their own doctor.
- The RightMed Test must be ordered by a physician.
- The RightMed Test, as with all genomic testing, has limitations. Always discuss the test with a healthcare provider knowledgeable about the test and to see if it's right for you.
- RightMed Test results are not a substitute for medical advice and should only be used in consultation with a medical professional.
- The RightMed Test does not determine the best medication for the patient; it is a tool to provide additional information to the patient’s healthcare provider. The healthcare provider should take other factors into consideration regardless of genotype.
- Independent healthcare providers available through OneOme's service will not have all of your health history, which may cause the test results to be subject to a different interpretation than by your personal physician.
- DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR CURRENT MEDICATIONS OR DOSING WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.