We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
The data analytics and health outcomes team is responsible for developing and implementing research and analytical solutions for pharmacogenomic guided medication optimization in a population-based approach. Real world evidence studies, mathematical models, and data visualization techniques aid in the identification of opportunities and risk within large populations, primarily relying on use of historic pharmacy and medical claims data.
The Data Scientist, Health Economics and Analytics role will aid in the research and development of novel methods for identifying medication optimization opportunities for patients with high risk/costs. In addition, they will be involved in the development, implementation and testing of data visualization tools and reports. The ideal candidate will have healthcare data analytics experience and a history of conducting real world evidence and/or health economic studies.
The Data Scientist, Health Economics and Analytics role will use various analytical approaches to develop unique solutions to complex business problems. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to work hard and have fun.
- Perform descriptive and advanced statistical analyses using large patient and/or claims databases in support of data mining, predictive modeling, and health outcomes research projects
- Lead evidence creation through HEOR scientific studies, including large-scale real-world evidence (RWE) studies and health economic analyses.
- Author study reports, scientific publications, conference abstracts, and posters
- Develop new data visualization methods to convey insight to the risk and health of patients on multiple medications.
- Participate in the implementation and configuration of data visualization software such as Tableau or Looker
- Help develop project plans, execute on deliverables within agreed upon timeframes, manage deadlines, communicate progress and make recommendations to address issues.
- MS or Ph.D. in Public Health, Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Data Science or similar areas of academic training is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in health economics and/or outcomes research that focuses on calculating total cost of care and savings related to population health interventions.
- Solid foundation in applied mathematics, such as: statistics, linear algebra, optimization.
- Experience and interest in presenting analytic findings to business customers. Familiar with reporting and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
- 5+ years of experience using statistical software packages such as SAS, R, Python, and/or STATA
- 3+ years of SQL programming experience
- Detail oriented, excellent quantitative, written, and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable with the command line/Unix systems.
- Experience with genomics preferred
- Prior experience with classical Machine Learning Algorithms preferred.
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Schedule and hours
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.