We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
The Laboratory Supervisor will work closely with the Laboratory Director and Senior Director of Laboratory Operations to create, implement and manage the policies, procedures and practices for optimal performance of the Clinical Laboratory. This position will develop strategies for proper laboratory oversight; provide direct administration of all clinical laboratory procedures and operations in accordance with industry standards, contractual agreements, and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will have strong employee development skills and experience working in a high throughput laboratory environment. This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Participate and lead efforts for appropriate safety, laboratory accreditation, and quality assurance programs
- Ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements
- Validate and implement laboratory instruments, assays, procedures, and test methods
- Prepare, edit and review procedures, validations, and quality management protocols
- Monitor processes and services for quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency and drive continuous process and quality improvement.
- Supports and/or leads all aspects of laboratory development activities including new method and assay development, workflow/press optimization, analytical validations, and software verification testing
- Monitor and order supply and inventory to ensure the laboratory is stocked with consumables adequately at all times.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts
- Evaluates the competency assessment of testing personnel as defined by CLIA, CAP and NY and assures that the staff maintain their competency to perform test procedures and report results promptly, accurately, and proficiently
- Evaluates and documents the performance of individuals responsible for moderate or high complexity testing at least semiannually during the first year the individual is employed
- Supervises the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management and work distribution OR:
- Supports department director and lab director with recruiting, hiring, motivating, performance management, training and staff development
- Accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or laboratory manager
- Establish and maintain effective cross-departmental working relationships
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with others.
- Communicates with coworkers, vendors and clients with tact and sensitivity.
- Train other laboratory personnel in operation, programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software.
- Fosters open/trusting work environment.
- Promotes teamwork and ongoing feedback.
- Participates in professional organizations/meetings.
- Writes legibly and with complete documentation of all work performed.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the leadership team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related areas.
- Minimum of 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required.
- Previous experience working in a high-complexity CLIA laboratory environment required. Commercial experience preferred.
- Experience with sequencing in a high throughput environment desired
- Thorough knowledge of compliance requirements is required (i.e. CLIA, CAP, CA, NY state)
- Experience with inspections/audits by CLIA, CAP, CA, NY state and other regulatory agencies
- Working knowledge of relevant laboratory instruments (e.g. PCR, etc.), computers, and test methods used in a laboratory setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to create, implement and monitor quality metrics
- Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines
- Specialty certification through ASCP (MB) in molecular biology, Certified Medical Technologist, or equivalent strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Pharmacogenomic genotyping, haplotyping, and phenotyping
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Schedule and hours
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.